free counters

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ZR24W LCD Monitor

 Smart Buy ZR24W LCD Monitor
IPS for $400? Sold! Smart Buy ZR24W LCD Monitor
 By Big Fudge
It is getting increasingly difficult to find 16x10 monitors. I don't watch TV on my displays, I program computers. All I care about is real estate and text. I want maximum pixels. And the text must be sharp. PIXELS & TEXT. That's it.
So I bought a $700+ Samsung 245T a few years ago. IPS or SPVA are the best options for a non-professional display, according to the internets. The cheaper TN-panel monitors look like crap. I know because a couple years ago I mistakenly bought a "cheap" (450 bucks) Acer 24" monitor to pair with the Samsung and it gave me a headache trying to discern the blurry text. Why I kept that turd around for 2 years is a mystery, but I did.
Anyway, I was trying to dig up a comparable display to the Samsung (since it's no longer in production) and considered the very-well-reviewed Dell 24" IPS. It comes in at 500 + tax. Not bad. Then I discovered the HP. 405 shipped, no tax. Duh.
It's not very pretty, it seems a smidgen cheap in build quality, but dang that text is sharp. I am going to buy another.
 Smart Buy ZR24W LCD Monitor
24IN Ws LCD 1920X1200 3000:1 ZR24W VGA Dvi 5MS
24IN Ws LCD 1920X1200 3000:1 ZR24W VGA Dvi 5MS
ZR22W LCD Monitor
ZR22W LCD Monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment